Buy my art

Sunday 29 September 2013

A Long time Since



I had a thought to check out my blog, thinking it had been a few months since my last post.  I was a bit shocked to see that my last post was nearly 2 years ago!!  The volume of time I spend online (usually trapped within the walls of e-mail, facebook and linked in, you would have thought that I would manage to find time to add in an entry here and there... apparently not.

So where are we at, that we weren't all those months ago?

Well we are croft owners, now living in the north of the island close to himself's sister and parents.  We have a total of around 35 pigs, 15 geese, 9 turkeys and 4 ducks.  We have a poly-tunnel, plans for an enormous veg patch, a plantation of trees (yes trees in Shetland) with plans for extension and in some parts resurrection.  Future plans for livestock include the addition of dexter cattle and rare breed sheep of some sort (the breed, as yet, is undecided).

On top of all that we both work full time and manage the keep the boat in check along with everything else, it might sound mad, but we are constantly busy from dawn till dusk not an ounce of time is wasted or lost - even on the days when the weather is bad we manage to find something to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment